I would never think you could make Mac and Cheese this good without cheese! Even my 3 year old likes it.
- 1 1/2 pounds pasta, preferably macaroni (we use gluten free Tinkyada organic rice elbows)
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk (we use almond milk)
- 1 1/4 cups nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup Braggs Aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 (14 ounce) block firm tofu
- 4 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 slices gluten free bread toasted and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add all of the “cheese” sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in the baking pan (about the size of a brownie pan). Pour the “cheese” sauce over the pasta but save a little.
- Add bread to the top and drizzle remaining cheese sauce over the top.
- Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy, about 17 minutes.
Preparation time: about 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 17 minutes